Sunday, December 25, 2011

5 Cents 1945 - George VI (Victory; chromium-plated steel)


Description : 5 Cents - George VI
Mintage : 18,893,216
Country : Canada

I'm sorry for yesterday i didn't posting my coins collection (whocares?),because i have no time. Now i'm back to post a coin although there is nobody would see my post. Back to the topic, i want to show my 5 Cents from Canada. It's not a common nickel. It's commemorative, because it is celebrating about Supporting the war effort.. In world war 2,  Canada's military was active in every theatre of war, though most battles occurred in Italy,Northern Europe and the North Atlantic. Over the course of the war, 1.1 million Canadians served in the Army, Navy, and Air Force. You can see the portrait in left profile of George VI is surrounded with the inscription "GEORGIVS VI D:G:REX ET IND:IMP:" meaning: George V, by the grace of God, the King and Emperor of India on obverse and the nominal on reverse. I Got them in swap between me and americans. This was made by  Chrome plated steel. Very GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment